Nick Beckett talks with Lifesciences Asia-Pacific Network (LAN) members, Alan Adcock of Tilleke & Gibbins in Thailand, Chie Kasahara of Atsumi & Sakai in Japan and Ki Young Kim of Yulchon LLC in Korea.
In this episode, we discuss:
- a fragmented situation in APAC in terms of government policy and support for digital health initiatives
- a lack of a clear definition of “digital health” in most jurisdictions, and a mixed regulatory environment, with a need to update the laws in many jurisdictions
- how to deal with privacy concerns with the use of personal data with digital health technologies
- how to protect the intellectual property associated with digital health innovation
- developments in telemedicine in the APAC region and support for remote care and online consultations